Entry/Work Permit

Is a mandatory document to all expatriates and Visiting Scholars on or under collaboration with Moi University, and has/have been engaged to carry out duties, either on short or long term arrangement by both parties.


  • A duly filled, signed and stamped application form 25
  • Duly Certified copies of academic & professional certificates
  • Curriculum vitae and 2 passport size photos
  • Detailed and signed cover letter from employer/Institution, addressed to Director of Immigration Services
  • Copy of a valid national passport, showing current Immigration status if in the Country
  • Copy of previous permit(s) and pass (es) held
  • Name and detailed contact address of Kenyan understudy - email & cell phone
  • Moi University has been exempted from payment of permits.



Student Passes, Internship & Research Passes
 A student pass is a document issued to applicants who are foreign students as per section 30(1) of the Citizenship and Immigration Regulations 2012, who wish to pursue their education in Kenya where they have been admitted or accepted. The applicant must be accepted as a student by approved Educational or training Establishment. A student pass can be applied through creating a log in account within the Government of Kenya single sign in portal ( The account helps one access the Efns Portal. The process of acquiring one is facilitated by the International office.

Requirements & Application procedure:

  • A duly filled, signed and stamped application Form 30, by the institution's authorized personnel. You will print out the form at the end of the application for a Student Visa.
  • Detailed and Signed Cover letter addressed to the Director of Immigration Services from the institution indicating the course to be pursued and the duration
  • A copy of valid passport (the bio-data page) showing current Immigration status
  • 2 current passport size photos
  • Signed commitment letter from the sponsor or sponsoring institution or proof of funds for self-sponsored students
  • Duly certified Copies of basic academic certificates.
  • Documents in foreign languages should be translated into English by either the Embassy, Public Notary, or authorized /recognized institution 
  • Clearance letter from Department of Refugee Affairs for refugees.
  • Police Clearance Certificate from the country of origin, or if a resident, from the Kenya Police Service.


  • Payment of Kenya Shillings 5,000 (pupil pass) & 15,000 (Intern & research pass) to be done online via M-pesa, or by bankers Cheque, addressed to ‘‘The PS, Ministry of Interior and Coordination of National Government’’.
  • Students from East Africa are issued free/Gratis i.e exempted from paying the pupil pass fee.


  1. Students can access the Form 30 using the following link below Students who have challenges in creating an account can send their documents to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. 
  2. East Africa Students are exempted from paying the pupil pass fee.
© Copyright Moi University 2022 . All Rights Reserved International Office Moi University